-
SimplyMepis
Has anyone else tried SimplyMepis live cd? I obviously use Kanotix but I have just switched my laptop (IBM T40) to Mepis (HD Install). The live cd worked great and really impressed me.
*Everything worked including the Centrino Wireless. Even with the hard drive install I don't have to modprobe ipw2100 and pump, ipw2100 is loaded normally and all I have to do is pump to get an ip.
* The fonts are wonderful without running additional scripts. Never to small to read, etc.
*The installer is great
*The install is a bit leaner, which I like, APT makes it easy enough to GET whatever else you want.
*My ATI 7500 mobility which I could only get 300-450 fps in glxgears with Kanotix, I now get 1000+ fps. 3D enabled which I could not figure out how to do . Mepis did it for me!
*Only negative-The Forums are not as extensive as Knoppix, and there is no Kano (Kanotix Forums) to answer every post himself!
Give it a try, and post your results on what equipment.
www.mepis.org
EDIT: Please excuse my ignorance and speaking too quickly about the Mepis Forums. After spending some time there, they are excellent and the community is very helpful. There is no reason not to try out this excellent distro.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-14-2005, 07:06 AM
-
Replies: 23
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 10:12 PM
-
By xaviers2002 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 04:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER
$349.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$250.00

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00