-
J2SE50: Java Just Won't Install
Hey,
Alright I've got Firefox 1.0 loaded on knoppix (Harddrive Install) and the flash and shockwave plugins worked just fine but I absolutly cannot get Java (J2SE50 is Asked for Specifically) to run. I've downloded everything I can find, installed them all, moved what was asked into the "plugins" folder for Firefox and it keeps asking for the plugin when I true to run severl applets. Has anyone had the same problem and found a solution, possibly even a browser that comes pre-configured with it? I wish there was a klik (cough cough probono) or debian package for it...
It took me half a week to get SETI@Home installed so I guess everything comes in time.
Thanks in Advance!
-Jameson
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi, my guess would be that the next release of Knoppix will contain Firefox with Java anyway (just my personal guess), so that the best option would be to wait for that. (The upcoming Kanotix BH X has Firefox too, I haven't checked Java in it though.)
Greetings,
probono
-
Instead of moving the .so file to the plugin directory, do at sym link to the file in the plugin directory.
Similar Threads
-
By no_name in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-13-2005, 08:41 AM
-
By mystical_kakarot in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 09:20 PM
-
By JAlvoeiro in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 08-26-2003, 09:43 PM
-
By johncarlson21 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-22-2003, 03:39 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-25-2002, 09:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00