Can't you just take out the HD and plug it into another computer?
I'm trying to recover a windows machine that boots in safe mode every time. Even when I try to boot with network support, it doesn't. It won't even enter into debug mode.
I heard wind of Knoppix and it sounds like the perfect tool to use, I am downloading right now. I need to transfer program files to a network share, then the machine can be wiped clean.
Do I have to configure network settings when booting through Knoppix? Do I have to ftp into th server? can I just use a serial cable to store the files on another cpu?
Any tips would be great. Thanks all, and thanks knoppix
Can't you just take out the HD and plug it into another computer?
In order of the questions.Originally Posted by Markus
No
Only if your storing to a ftp server
yes, but I don't know how to do it. Probably complicated

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00
AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD
$179.99
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00
Lenovo ThinkPad P14s Gen 2a 8-Core AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 5850U 512GB SSD 16GB RAM
$345.00