Please tell us which app you tried to run.
Greetings,
probono
Hey All,
I LOVE the knoppix live cd. everything runs good on my AMD machine.
Monkeying around with WINE, my first experience wasnt as fruitful as I would have thought; The program started in a new window, but the mouse froze in the middle of the app window and just kinda jiggled a little bit. I had to shut down that app window to gain control of my mouse.
Any ideas?
Thanks..
Onka.
Please tell us which app you tried to run.
Greetings,
probono
WINE is alright for some of the more basic windows programs (Notepad, Paint etc.) but I have had really terrible experiences with it. It is a step in the right direction though.
Like Probono said, It'll help to know which applications your trying to run
-Jameson
I've heard of someone getting The Sims to work with it, i've gotten winzip to work.Originally Posted by Jameson
With the stage of dev wine is in, its really a hit or miss.
Here's howto's for a few apps: http://frankscorner.org/
Heheh. (looking around guiltily, "I thought I could run *any* win prog!!").
Oh well, so much for that. heheh.
1. Macromedia Fireworks
2. Photoshop 7.0
Hit and miss, huh? Thanks for the link to Frank's etc.
Onka.
www.togfer.com
Photoshop should be definitely possible to run.
Frankscorner shows how to do it.
Greetings,
probono

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$79.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00