Congratulations!
This is more or less a thank-you to the entire forum.
(Begin Corny Sucess Story)
I've been toying with Linux since May with no success for one reason or another, until I found Knoppix. Though I've been using it since May I've had a major breakthrough over the last week and a half. Being the recovering Windowholic that I am with very little command line exposure (I was only 10 when I really got into computers, around the same time XP came out). (I'm 14 now) I've had a lot of trouble figuring everything out even with FAQ's and guides since I lacked the terminology needed. With a lot of from the members around here I've now got my laptop dual-booting XP Pro and a HD install of Knoppix! Some other things I've finialy gotten to work are...
SETI@Home (With GUI Frontend)
Yahoo Messenger & RealPlayer (Thanks to klik and probono)
AIM
D-Link 802.11b WiFi card (which now works on startup)
Firefox with FlashPlugins
Network Printer
Its taken awhile but Its paid off, thanks again everyone!
-Jameson
Congratulations!
Here HereCongrats
( now, if we can get someone, like, George Burns' age, for a testimonial, WooooHoooo [giggle] )
This, just in!
In a rare interview with George Burns today, he admitted he installed Knoppix, and is happier than he has ever been... In our interview, the "cigar smoking" Windows advocate, has turned tail, and is now "wholely" supporting any, and all, Linux OS'... We were privy to one of many CD-ROM "bad reads", as he was listening to an audio cd at the time of our interview... The "new" Linux advocate went on to comment, that he has had many problems with his CD-ROM devices, only, get this, because he tends to "puff" his cigar smoke into the device, on a consistant basis... A local LUG ( Linux User Group ) "pitched in" and bought the new Linux user, a brand new CD Cleaner, in hopes that he will use it, not have any more read failures, and not hold "Linux" at fault for his "unauthorized" "clean room" antics...
-=-=-=-=-
Ms. Cuddles
Thanks!
God geroge burns has got to be in his 90's now doesnt he?
-Jameson
No, he's over 100, and he's dead.Originally Posted by Jameson
Congrats.
Nice to know you got it working.![]()
Thats a pity, My Dad adores him. We've got plenty of VHS collections of his lying around the house.No, he's over 100, and he's dead.
Thanks again everyone!

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49
Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller
$295.00