Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: If I can do it, anyone can.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    78

    If I can do it, anyone can.

    This is more or less a thank-you to the entire forum.

    (Begin Corny Sucess Story)
    I've been toying with Linux since May with no success for one reason or another, until I found Knoppix. Though I've been using it since May I've had a major breakthrough over the last week and a half. Being the recovering Windowholic that I am with very little command line exposure (I was only 10 when I really got into computers, around the same time XP came out). (I'm 14 now) I've had a lot of trouble figuring everything out even with FAQ's and guides since I lacked the terminology needed. With a lot of from the members around here I've now got my laptop dual-booting XP Pro and a HD install of Knoppix! Some other things I've finialy gotten to work are...

    SETI@Home (With GUI Frontend)
    Yahoo Messenger & RealPlayer (Thanks to klik and probono)
    AIM
    D-Link 802.11b WiFi card (which now works on startup)
    Firefox with FlashPlugins
    Network Printer


    Its taken awhile but Its paid off, thanks again everyone!

    -Jameson

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    80
    Congratulations!

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Here Here Congrats

    ( now, if we can get someone, like, George Burns' age, for a testimonial, WooooHoooo [giggle] )

    This, just in!
    In a rare interview with George Burns today, he admitted he installed Knoppix, and is happier than he has ever been... In our interview, the "cigar smoking" Windows advocate, has turned tail, and is now "wholely" supporting any, and all, Linux OS'... We were privy to one of many CD-ROM "bad reads", as he was listening to an audio cd at the time of our interview... The "new" Linux advocate went on to comment, that he has had many problems with his CD-ROM devices, only, get this, because he tends to "puff" his cigar smoke into the device, on a consistant basis... A local LUG ( Linux User Group ) "pitched in" and bought the new Linux user, a brand new CD Cleaner, in hopes that he will use it, not have any more read failures, and not hold "Linux" at fault for his "unauthorized" "clean room" antics...
    -=-=-=-=-


    Ms. Cuddles

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    78
    Thanks!

    God geroge burns has got to be in his 90's now doesnt he?

    -Jameson

  5. #5
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Jameson
    God geroge burns has got to be in his 90's now doesnt he?
    No, he's over 100, and he's dead.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Congrats.

    Nice to know you got it working.

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    78
    No, he's over 100, and he's dead.
    Thats a pity, My Dad adores him. We've got plenty of VHS collections of his lying around the house.

    Thanks again everyone!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles picture

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles

$53.99



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H picture

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H

$104.98



Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys picture

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys

$16.99



Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER  picture

Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER

$39.99



MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit picture

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit

$499.00



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery picture

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery

$107.67