-
Senior Member
registered user
No scroll wheel with kernel 2.6.6
I'm running knoppix 3.4 installed from the linuxtag 3.5 dvd. It is the best!!!!
Mostly I run the 2.4.26 kernel. I notice that if I boot with the 2.6.6 kernel that my scroll wheel (microsoft ps2 mouse) doesn't work-yet it's fine with 2.4. ?? I did a search and in the knoppix FAQ's there was a mention of having modules psmouse and mousedev. I tried to apt-get psmouse but apt-get said "E: Couldn't find package psmouse" Also modprobing returned
FATAL: Module psmouse not found.
john@ixan:~$ modprobe mousedev
FATAL: Module mousedev not found.
It's not that big a deal just wondering if anyone knows what's up on this-Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By ocschwar in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-13-2005, 09:19 PM
-
By JMarsh in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-02-2004, 03:33 PM
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-05-2003, 04:35 AM
-
By my2cents in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-02-2003, 03:30 AM
-
By Smitty in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-18-2002, 02:46 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$368.00

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU
$1100.00