-
/tmp directory & QTParted.
I have been having problems running streams on xmms, opening realplayer on nfl.com etc. The message is that /tmp is full. When I check on /tmp (right click in konqueror) I see that /tmp is 64mb in size. Trying this with other directories shows much larger sizes.
How can I get around this apparent limitation on /tmp??
There may be a problem with my partitions. my root / is on hda1, which is set at 2.9GB. Opening QTparted I see I have hda3 at 15GB, but it doesn't appear anything I have is 'mounted' on it. Anotherwords, I dont 'think' that space is being utilized. How can I place /home/me or /tmp on hda3? Also, can I use QTparted to make hda1 much larger?
Oh, there is no windows on this box, just running Knoppix off the hd.
Thanks
Jerry
Similar Threads
-
By xaviers2002 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-24-2004, 06:14 PM
-
By ClubMed in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 02:05 PM
-
By ktheking in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-09-2003, 06:34 PM
-
By Massimo in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:59 PM
-
Replies: 8
Last Post: 05-08-2003, 05:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS H110I-PLUS Motherboard LGA1151 w/ I5-7400 CPU, 8GB, Heatsink & I/O Shield
$60.00

MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99