-
/tmp directory & QTParted.
I have been having problems running streams on xmms, opening realplayer on nfl.com etc. The message is that /tmp is full. When I check on /tmp (right click in konqueror) I see that /tmp is 64mb in size. Trying this with other directories shows much larger sizes.
How can I get around this apparent limitation on /tmp??
There may be a problem with my partitions. my root / is on hda1, which is set at 2.9GB. Opening QTparted I see I have hda3 at 15GB, but it doesn't appear anything I have is 'mounted' on it. Anotherwords, I dont 'think' that space is being utilized. How can I place /home/me or /tmp on hda3? Also, can I use QTparted to make hda1 much larger?
Oh, there is no windows on this box, just running Knoppix off the hd.
Thanks
Jerry
Similar Threads
-
By xaviers2002 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-24-2004, 06:14 PM
-
By ClubMed in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 02:05 PM
-
By ktheking in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-09-2003, 06:34 PM
-
By Massimo in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:59 PM
-
Replies: 8
Last Post: 05-08-2003, 05:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 CMK32GX4M2E3200C16
$159.99

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

128GB (2x64GB) NEW Crucial Micron DDR5 5600 Desktop RAM UDIMM (CP2K64G56C46U5)
$2085.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00

16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980
$39.99