Well, when doing this again, here is the outcome:
I cannot log into KDE as jerry, but I can log into icewm, for instance. I can log into KDE while root though.
I did find that now I have the following directory structure, /home/home. Anotherwords I have /home and then I have to go down 1 more level to /home again.
The first home is mounted to /
The second home, which contains the folders for the users, lists that it is mounted under /home, with the 15GB I would have on hda3. That part is correct.
How can I back out, and recopy the directory contents of /home to hda3, without copying /home folder itself?
Here is my current fstab:
Here is the output from the command, mount:Code:dev/hda1 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1 /dev/hda3 /home auto rw,auto,user,exec 0 0 proc /proc proc defaults 0 0 /dev/fd0 /floppy vfat defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022 0 0 usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0 sysfs /sys sysfs defaults 0 0 /dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0 /dev/cdrw /cdrw iso9660 ro,user,noauto 0 0 /dev/dvd /dvd iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0 /dev/cdaudio /cdaudio iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0 # Added by KNOPPIX /dev/hda2 none swap defaults 0 0
ThanksCode:/dev/hda1 on / type ext3 (rw,errors=remount-ro) proc on /proc type proc (rw) /dev/pts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw) /proc/bus/usb on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw,devmode=0666) automount(pid454) on /mnt/auto type autofs (rw,fd=4,pgrp=454,minproto=2,maxproto=4) /dev/hda3 on /home type ext3 (rw,nosuid,nodev)


Reply With Quote










