-
Senior Member
registered user
OK, Rock, I did everything you say to do above to my server. Now on the client I removed S99kdm from /etc/rc3.d and set my runlevel to 3 in inittab.
So the client boots to a text-based login screen. I then login as one of the users defined on the client PC. Then on the command line I issue X -query 10.10.2.5 but all I get is a grey X screen and nothing else happens.
All I can do is move the mouse around! What gives here?
Please help!
TIA,
Similar Threads
-
By nuklear in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-03-2005, 04:31 AM
-
By roc in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-01-2004, 06:49 PM
-
By yonatan in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-07-2004, 08:42 PM
-
By RigorMortis in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-16-2004, 03:38 AM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 11:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$125.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Toshiba Magnia SG20 VPN Linux server Web server (No HDD, *Read*) -
$60.00

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US
$41.30