Knoppix is a mix of stable/testing/unstable packages.
Which causes problems whenever your trying to install something.
There is a version of knoppix made for installing which seems to be better. Though I can't think of it right now.
I've been trying to use kpackage to do some updating and removal. just playing around type stuff, nothing major. Problem is, I can't seem to get it to work correctly.
For instance, this is the error message I get when trying to do anything with Frozen Bubble:The most common "error" i seem to get isCode:< export DEBIAN_FRONTEND; apt-get remove frozen-bubble-data ;echo RESULT=$? Reading Package Lists... Done Building Dependency Tree... Done The following packages will be REMOVED: frozen-bubble-data 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 591 not upgraded. 1 not fully installed or removed. Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 5747kB disk space will be freed. Do you want to continue? [Y/n] dpkg: error processing frozen-bubble-data (--remove): Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should reinstall it before attempting a removal. Errors were encountered while processing: frozen-bubble-data E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1) RESULT=100So - what am I missing here?Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
This is a HD install on hda2, and yes - I am running as root.
Knoppix is a mix of stable/testing/unstable packages.
Which causes problems whenever your trying to install something.
There is a version of knoppix made for installing which seems to be better. Though I can't think of it right now.
frozen-bubble package is badly installed, a file is missing so apt falls over trying to find a non-existant file.
See this post: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14516
CrashedAgain
Thanks for the link - it worked for me...
Now on to other more challanging endevors...
GMD
I wish there was a spell checker on this forum...![]()
It's called Kanotix, www.kanotix.comThere is a version of knoppix made for installing which seems to be better. Though I can't think of it right now.![]()

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99