-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Mystery of m23
In poking through the Knoppix iso file and the isolinux.cfg file (I want to edit it so I'll not have to type in the cheat codes I need each time that I boot the CD), I found a few lines in isolinux.cfg that seem to be for booting something called m23.
I did a little searching and found that m23 is a "Debian based software distribution system". see http://m23.sourceforge.net/PostNuke-...hp?newlang=eng for more details. But if I put m23 in at the boot prompt, it is not recognized (I can't tell why from my limited understanding of isolinux, but it seems like it needs a m23 binary to boot and there is no such file, at least not in that directory). Does anyone have any insight on the m23 boot option, if it can be made to work, how to make it work, and what it should do when it does work?
-
Senior Member
registered user
As far as I know, m23 is a tool that was bundled with a Knoppix DVD that was distributed exclusively at the LinuxTag in Germany this year. The m23 option is probably only a leftover from that special edtition DVD and not usable on the regular Knoppix CDs.
Greetings,
probono
Similar Threads
-
By eon in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-05-2004, 05:54 PM
-
By WedDa in forum The Lounge
Replies: 9
Last Post: 09-19-2004, 07:18 PM
-
By mack in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-13-2003, 02:29 PM
-
By mack in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-13-2003, 03:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15

Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99