-
Junior Member
registered user
Boot floppy not created during HD install - not /dev/fd0.
I installed Knoppix on my laptop hard drive - all went well with the install, except when I said "yes" to create a boot floppy, it didn't happen. I think the problem is that I have an external floppy drive and knoppix-installer did not allow me to select it, instead it looked for the floppy at /dev/fd0. Is there a way that I can create a boot diskette from the install (it seems to all be there)? My next step is to set up dual boot, and I need that boot diskette to make it happen.
Similar Threads
-
By Vic in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 11:28 PM
-
By adventurepants in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 09:06 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-26-2003, 09:07 AM
-
By ozfrog in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-02-2003, 01:00 AM
-
By xenocypraz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-07-2003, 06:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit
$399.00

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67

Vacloong Vacuum-Sealed 3D Printing Filament Kit, 20 Packs PUMP+20P, White
$18.99