Yes you need to change the fstab.
Its not hard though.
Make sure only root is logged in,
Copy your /home directory to the drive,
unmount,
then open up fstab change the mount point of /dev/hda3 to /home
reboot and that should do it.
I have 18GB box didicated only to linux. No windows.
I have a partition on my harddisk that is mounted, hda3, but is not utilized by linux for any file structure. A 2.9GB partition is mounted as /, and everything in my linux system is there, literally filling it up.
(I thought I set it up for /home, but I guess not...)
How can I mount, say, /home under the hda3? Do I have to muck with /etc/fstab? That seems logical, but I wanted to get some input as to what is the best way to go about using this 'dead' space.
Jerry
Yes you need to change the fstab.
Its not hard though.
Make sure only root is logged in,
Copy your /home directory to the drive,
unmount,
then open up fstab change the mount point of /dev/hda3 to /home
reboot and that should do it.

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C Dual 25GbE SFP28 LP | 20NJD
$25.00
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
New Open Box Lot of (5) Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10Gig Transceivers 10-3105-01
$84.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
HP 557SFP+ ETHERNET 10GB 2 PORT 792834-001 788991-001 HIGH LOT OF 10
$70.00