This not necessarily is an idea.
Take a look at agnula.org. They do have such tutorials.
cu
Fabian
Since knoppix comes with rosegarden installed, it would be great if there was a HOWTO on getting the midi ports recognized in order to utilize rosegarden. I'm still trying unsucessfully at that...
This not necessarily is an idea.
Take a look at agnula.org. They do have such tutorials.
cu
Fabian
hmmmm... since agnula has a harddisk based version of Debian and that distro utilizes alsa libraries not included in knoppix, that site has not been me of much use to me. I assume that knoppix should be able to utilize OSS drivers to run rosegarden2 which is included on the CD, but I don't know what trick is required to get it working...
You can use the alsa sound drivers on Knoppix by booting with the cheatcode alsa e.g. entering "knoppix2.6 alsa" at the boot prompt!Originally Posted by redss
To the best of my knowledge Knoppix does not contain all the ALSA libraries on the liveCD that are necessary to configure and detect the midi ports.
Rosegarden2 (which uses OSS, the default for knoppix) uses OSS not ALSA, and requires MIDI to be of much use.
So if I can figure out how to get the midi ports configured on a knoppix liveCD I will contribute a midi howto for this site.
I'm reading http://www.midi-howto.com/ right now. I'll let you know how it goes!

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller
$68.99