Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: updated parallelknoppix

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4
    PVM seems to be majorly fubar'd. I'm having all kinds of trouble getting pvmd to even spawn the slave daemons on the other hosts, much less actually run code. At the moment, I don't have the time to dig into it deeply and find out exactly what's wrong, although the general indication from a few Google searches is that PVM is not liking the hosts file on each node or DNS arrangement in the cluster. I should be able to look into that in the next week or two. I'd love to see PVM support on the level of MPI support in ParallelKnoppix (ideally, there would be a choice at the end of the setup process: "what message-passing environment would you like to start? (MPI/PVM/none)").

    Has anyone else gotten PVM working on more than just one node?

  2. #22
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by davecorder
    PVM seems to be majorly fubar'd. I'm having all kinds of trouble getting pvmd to even spawn the slave daemons on the other hosts, much less actually run code. At the moment, I don't have the time to dig into it deeply and find out exactly what's wrong, although the general indication from a few Google searches is that PVM is not liking the hosts file on each node or DNS arrangement in the cluster. I should be able to look into that in the next week or two. I'd love to see PVM support on the level of MPI support in ParallelKnoppix (ideally, there would be a choice at the end of the setup process: "what message-passing environment would you like to start? (MPI/PVM/none)").

    Has anyone else gotten PVM working on more than just one node?
    Last week I was playing around with PVM for the first time, and I can confirm that it does Not Work. There is a bit of needed setup that has not been done. Hopefully it will not conflict with the current setup. I'll try to put it in in the next edition. Thanks for trying it out, though. Michael

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by mcreel
    Last week I was playing around with PVM for the first time, and I can confirm that it does Not Work. There is a bit of needed setup that has not been done. Hopefully it will not conflict with the current setup. I'll try to put it in in the next edition. Thanks for trying it out, though. Michael
    Do you need any help getting the PVM environment set up? I can help out with that if you need it (qualifications: I've become quite good at remastering Knoppix, I've got several different PVM programs I've written that I can test, having just completed a class on distributed multiprocessing, and I'm the sysadmin for my university's Beowulf cluster). Send me a PM or email if you need any help.

    Dave

  4. #24
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    89
    A new version is out, based on Knoppix 3.9. A new addition is pgapack, a parallel genetic algorithm. The C examples work fine, some of the FORTRAN examples segfault. By the way Dave or anyone else, help on PVM would be appreciated. M.

  5. #25
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    89

    forum for parallelknoppix

    I have started a forum for parallelknoppix at http://www.createphpbb.com/phpbb/vie...arallelknoppix , so I'll quit announcing it here. Michael

  6. #26
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    89
    The latest version now has PVM. http://pareto.uab.es/mcreel/ParallelKnoppix/pvm.png

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. ParallelKnoppix
    By dvryknopper in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 11:05 AM
  2. Azureus updated to 2.3.0.0
    By daisuke0kun in forum Klik
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2005, 11:55 AM
  3. new ParallelKnoppix
    By mcreel in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 09:00 AM
  4. parallelknoppix-2004-07-07.iso
    By mcreel in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 09:55 AM
  5. ANNOUNCE: ParallelKnoppix
    By mcreel in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 09:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS picture

Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS

$67.99



AMD Ryzen 5 9600X 9000 Series Desktop Processor CPU Retail Box picture

AMD Ryzen 5 9600X 9000 Series Desktop Processor CPU Retail Box

$130.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested* picture

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*

$32.99



Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$62.95



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00



Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6 picture

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6

$10.99