-
Senior Member
registered user
Wow, Michael, I just looked at your site and find your remaster quite amazing! Now, let me get this straight. Your remaster is unlike clusterKNOPPIX and QUANTIAN as its not openMOSIX based. So, am I correct in assuming this is like a Beowulf implementation? Is that what the LAM-MPI and MPICH packages are designed for? Please excuse my noobishness (that's a word?), but the only clustering I've done is based on MOSIX.
I think I would like to investigate MPI programming some more, however. I'd like to give my java students a cool final project involving clustering an app that they themselves have written from scratch. I have not found java support for MOSIX, however. So my students have run existing apps like KANDEL and POVRAY but not written their own code to solve a problem of their own choosing. We did play with C and MPI once using the fork() method, but the learning curve was a bit much for my students.
I do see some research on the web regarding the use of java with MPI or PVM that looks intriguing. So I think I'll try out your distro some more. What is astounding about your remaster - asside from its unique approach in the KNOPPIX remaster world (ie: no MOSIX) - is that yours is the only one that has been updated to a KNOPPIX 3.7 base! I don't know what the other remasters are waiting for, but they seem to be sitting around and not supporting their projects of late.
What do you think of all this? Do you think I could use your CD with java? What I'd like to do is install your system to hdd as a more standard linux rw fs and add java functionality to it. Have you used knoppix-installer with your system? BTW, I see that your ISO is down to about 500MB. So there should be plenty of room for adding to it if I want to do that too. Just curious, what did you remove? I see you removed all but en lang support, that must save a lot of space! I suppose you got rid of games too, is that correct? What else, if I may ask?
BTW, thanx Michael Creel, for all your work!
TIA,
AJG
Similar Threads
-
By dvryknopper in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-15-2006, 11:05 AM
-
By daisuke0kun in forum Klik
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-10-2005, 11:55 AM
-
By mcreel in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 09:00 AM
-
By mcreel in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-07-2004, 09:55 AM
-
By mcreel in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

HYNIX HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK 32GB PC4-2666V 2RX4 RDIMM MEMORY HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$189.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Lot of 3 SK HYNIX 16GB 1RX4 PC4-2666V-RC2-11 DDR4 Server MEMORY HMA82GR7AFR4N-VK
$180.00

SAMSUNG M386A8K40BM2-CTD 64GB (1X64GB) 4DRX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 MEMORY
$270.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00