-
Yes, PVM is on the ISO, but I have not tried it out. I do know that MPICH and LAM/MPI work properly.
The web page has the link to the latest version.
Exactly what makes a cluster a Beowulf, and whether the distinction is important or not, is not perfectly clear to me. But I think that parallelknoppix sets up a Beowulf-style cluster. I don't think that the issue is too important. Basically, parallelknoppix will set up a cluster to allow subsequent MPI work, using LAM, MPICH, and probably PVM.
The main characteristic of parallelknoppix is that it lets you set up a Linux cluster on IA32 machines, without any permanent alterations to them. I use it at my university to do cluster work in a computer room that is ordinarily used by students, running windows. Also I have a special version that lets me collect junky old computers and incorporate them into my personal cluster in my office without having to install anything on them. Makes it easy to maintain and expand the cluster.
For permanent multi-user clusters, there are better solutions out there. Parallelknoppix is not secure, so an untrusted or incompetent user could do damage to any computer in the cluster. That limits the multi-user attractiveness. For permanence for a single user, it's what I use.
M.
Similar Threads
-
By dvryknopper in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-15-2006, 11:05 AM
-
By daisuke0kun in forum Klik
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-10-2005, 11:55 AM
-
By mcreel in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 09:00 AM
-
By mcreel in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-07-2004, 09:55 AM
-
By mcreel in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Cisco IP Phone CP-8821 No Battery C2-F3
$185.00

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

NEW Cisco Mitel 6930 IP Phone VoIP Business Phone Black Sealed
$89.99

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99