-
If I can do it, anyone can.
This is more or less a thank-you to the entire forum.
(Begin Corny Sucess Story)
I've been toying with Linux since May with no success for one reason or another, until I found Knoppix. Though I've been using it since May I've had a major breakthrough over the last week and a half. Being the recovering Windowholic that I am with very little command line exposure (I was only 10 when I really got into computers, around the same time XP came out). (I'm 14 now) I've had a lot of trouble figuring everything out even with FAQ's and guides since I lacked the terminology needed. With a lot of from the members around here I've now got my laptop dual-booting XP Pro and a HD install of Knoppix! Some other things I've finialy gotten to work are...
SETI@Home (With GUI Frontend)
Yahoo Messenger & RealPlayer (Thanks to klik and probono)
AIM
D-Link 802.11b WiFi card (which now works on startup)
Firefox with FlashPlugins
Network Printer
Its taken awhile but Its paid off, thanks again everyone!
-Jameson
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$739.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

NEW Lantronix UDS1100-POE - One Port RS232/RS422/RS485 to IP Ethernet 950-00169
$89.00

1 Dell Ultra SSD M.2 NVMe PCI-Express x16 Solid State Storage Adapter Card 6N9RH
$59.99