Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: poor man's install on flash drive (DSL)

  1. #11
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tragic City, Michigan
    Posts
    13
    I have DSL 0.8.4 on a mini-CDR and it weighs in at 49.1MB. I have also installed it to various usb drives ie CF cards,thumb drives etc but I use the "boot iso" on a floppy to boot the usb device as my computer does not have the option to boot from a usb device at least not that I've seen in my bios "boot order". I took one of my usb devices "Lexar JumpDrive" and formatted it as "FAT" and then copied the directories from the DSL disc to the JumpDrive.I wrote the "usb boot .iso" to a floppy with Rawrite on a Windows pc.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1
    I'm trying to use syslinux under windows but it gives me this error "ERROR 3246: Boot sector read failed" when I do "syslinux g:".

    Does anyone know what is wrong? I followed this guide: http://fuzzymunchkin.dyndns.org/tdot...fob/index.php3. I had troubles using syslinux under knoppix also.

    Mike

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    dOWN uNDER
    Posts
    3
    I have been running pupply linux off a 64mb stick for a few weeks now. It is not Knoppix based but is a beautiful little system with lots of lean software: http://www.goosee.com/puppy/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Poor Man's DVD Install
    By xfiles in forum Knoppix DVD
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-2005, 06:20 AM
  2. Floppy for Poor Man's Install?
    By bigkahuna in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2005, 08:22 PM
  3. my poor man's install setup
    By probono in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 03:34 PM
  4. How To boot without CD after Poor Man's Install
    By prehis in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-15-2004, 04:44 AM
  5. Poor man's install???
    By Obsidian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-28-2003, 06:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare Packard Bell R500 A950-TWR with Microsoft Windows 95 Microsoft Plus picture

Vintage Rare Packard Bell R500 A950-TWR with Microsoft Windows 95 Microsoft Plus

$175.00



NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games picture

NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games

$389.00



NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games picture

NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games

$349.00



NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e Nvidia Quadro Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games picture

NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e Nvidia Quadro Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games

$449.00



Vintage Beige PC Tower Computer Case/Chassis with Front Drive Bays (Read Bellow) picture

Vintage Beige PC Tower Computer Case/Chassis with Front Drive Bays (Read Bellow)

$95.00



Vintage Compaq SLT/386s/20 laptop Boots to DOS, power supply, CMOS dead working picture

Vintage Compaq SLT/386s/20 laptop Boots to DOS, power supply, CMOS dead working

$345.00



Vintage Gray AC Power Cable Cord 3-Prong Plug to 3-Prong 3-Slot Connector picture

Vintage Gray AC Power Cable Cord 3-Prong Plug to 3-Prong 3-Slot Connector

$50.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh StyleWriter Software 4 Disk Set Version 1.2 3.5” Floppy picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh StyleWriter Software 4 Disk Set Version 1.2 3.5” Floppy

$24.99



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$228.19



Vintage Compaq Contura 4/25c Laptop Computer With Power Adapter & Bag picture

Vintage Compaq Contura 4/25c Laptop Computer With Power Adapter & Bag

$199.99