Quote Originally Posted by ghaze
Well, using the zip makes more sense for a USB devuce than the first link that they gave me on the website. But, although the layout of the USB looks much more reasonable, it still does not boot.

Syslinix runs, makes some changes to the flash gizmo, gives no errors, but it doesn't help me boot the USB device. I would still like to try the mbr deb package they suggest, would be very nice if I could find it on a live distro. Heck, one would think they should put it in the feather distro (would likely have to make space by droppomg something else), since they know some people need to install it to get a bootable USB device made. If it was in Feather I would burn a CD and use that to make the USB device work. But the list of applications shows that it is missing.

So still looking for some way to get feather to boot from the device without a floppy or to get DSL working as a poor man install from the device.