-
Junior Member
registered user
I have DSL 0.8.4 on a mini-CDR and it weighs in at 49.1MB. I have also installed it to various usb drives ie CF cards,thumb drives etc but I use the "boot iso" on a floppy to boot the usb device as my computer does not have the option to boot from a usb device at least not that I've seen in my bios "boot order". I took one of my usb devices "Lexar JumpDrive" and formatted it as "FAT" and then copied the directories from the DSL disc to the JumpDrive.I wrote the "usb boot .iso" to a floppy with Rawrite on a Windows pc.
-
I'm trying to use syslinux under windows but it gives me this error "ERROR 3246: Boot sector read failed" when I do "syslinux g:".
Does anyone know what is wrong? I followed this guide: http://fuzzymunchkin.dyndns.org/tdot...fob/index.php3. I had troubles using syslinux under knoppix also.
Mike
-
I have been running pupply linux off a 64mb stick for a few weeks now. It is not Knoppix based but is a beautiful little system with lots of lean software: http://www.goosee.com/puppy/
Similar Threads
-
By xfiles in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-02-2005, 06:20 AM
-
By bigkahuna in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-13-2005, 08:22 PM
-
By probono in forum The Lounge
Replies: 11
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 03:34 PM
-
By prehis in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 04:44 AM
-
By Obsidian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-28-2003, 06:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$99.00

TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW
$22.00