Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Help with compiling LtWinmodem drivers

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2

    Help with compiling LtWinmodem drivers

    I'm perdy new to linux(couple weeks) so I really don't know what I'm doing but here goes,
    I'm tryin to compile/install ltwinmodem drivers on Feather linux(Knoppix/debian based) installed to HD (kernel 2.4.26). I've managed to apt-get everything thats needed, I think.
    I first restored dpkg structure then apt-get update then I apt-getted the dependent compiling tools then the 2.4.26 kernel source.

    I created a dir and unpacked everything there. From root I cd into that dir, I then run ./build_module or double click the "build_module" file and it says I need to use a different ltmodem installer kit. I've tried this with about 4 different kits and they all say to use the kits I've previoulsy used.
    I've also tried installing the binaries ie; dpkg -i but I get unresolved symbols so I'm thinking I need to compile my own.

    Do I need to configure the kernel or something to compile these?
    What am I leaving out?

    I'm using the ltmodem packages from:
    http://www.heby.de/ltmodem

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    I have had succes with ltmodem driver but so far only with the 2.4 kernel. For Knoppix based systems there is a gcc version problem but it's workable. See this post:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...hlight=ltmodem

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2
    You know I actually I have that page bmk'ed already, now the problem is that I try using one package and it says that I need a different installer, then I try the suggested one and it says I need the one I used previously. I've tried looking for the GCC check section but can't find it If I remember right the autoload file is in a different dir.
    I'm using Feather linux which is knoppix basically so maybe the gcc section is in a different part but I can't find it.

Similar Threads

  1. compiling self-made modules / drivers under knoppix
    By bucz in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2006, 02:57 PM
  2. compiling drivers on knoppix
    By dvdljns in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2006, 08:20 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-13-2005, 03:39 PM
  4. Compiling?
    By Jameson in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 07:50 PM
  5. problem compiling drivers
    By fdellamorte in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2004, 09:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs picture

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs

$950.00



Amiga BASIC Spiral-Bound Manual Book, English, For Amiga Desktop Computer picture

Amiga BASIC Spiral-Bound Manual Book, English, For Amiga Desktop Computer

$30.00



Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$329.00



Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000 picture

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000

$249.00



Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested picture

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested

$225.00



commodore amiga 500 computer, New in box. Only opened for pictures picture

commodore amiga 500 computer, New in box. Only opened for pictures

$1300.00



(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T) picture

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)

$329.98



Amiga 2000 2630/CPU 68030 25Mhz picture

Amiga 2000 2630/CPU 68030 25Mhz

$300.00



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



68000 CPU Amiga 2000 Slot Adapter picture

68000 CPU Amiga 2000 Slot Adapter

$25.00