-
Senior Member
registered user
help with simple script
Hello....I need help with a simple script to play streaming audio from a site I like to listen to. I would like to:
1. bring up the Konsole
2. call up xmms
3. listen to this location: http://aud-one.kpfa.org:8090/kpfa.ogg
I know how to make a script that will bring up Konsole and then start xmms, but how do I enter code to start playing the above location? I can only get as far as bringing up xmms. I dont want to have to manually type in the URL, I want script to do it for me so then I can save the script on desktop for easy access. I have done this using MPLAYER cause it works in command line on my computer downstairs, so making the script was easy. But I want to be able to use xmms cause MPLAYER does not work on this laptop. so basically I want a script that will open media player, and play the location. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you....bob
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: help with simple script

Originally Posted by
bob58
Hello....I need help with a simple script to play streaming audio from a site I like to listen to. I would like to:
1. bring up the Konsole
2. call up xmms
3. listen to this location:
http://aud-one.kpfa.org:8090/kpfa.ogg
I know how to make a script that will bring up Konsole and then start xmms, but how do I enter code to start playing the above location? I can only get as far as bringing up xmms. I dont want to have to manually type in the URL, I want script to do it for me so then I can save the script on desktop for easy access. I have done this using MPLAYER cause it works in command line on my computer downstairs, so making the script was easy. But I want to be able to use xmms cause MPLAYER does not work on this laptop. so basically I want a script that will open media player, and play the location. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you....bob

Try looking in the XMMS man pages.
Mabye there is someway to tell it to open a location by CLI.
-
Senior Member
registered user
You can either save directly onto your Desktop folder on you can save to any of your home folder and create a link on desktop.
Make sure the script set to executable.
*Good music *
Similar Threads
-
By nick47 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-26-2005, 02:28 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-22-2005, 09:06 AM
-
By alex52 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-01-2005, 08:08 AM
-
By RandomGoon in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 05:59 AM
-
By VeeDubb in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 02:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99