-
USB device not accepting new address
Dear board!
Be aware, my Knoppix/Linux knowledge is not yet a whole day old. That's it exactly why I would be really grateful for some help.
Problem: Boot Knoppix 3.6 with USB devices on a notebook Travelmate 720TX. I've tried Sandisk Cruzer mini (Yes, I have read what I found, i.e. Cruzer problems are well-known in your community, however, there also are some work-arounds offered) and some no-name extern hdd. Cruzer and hdd work fine under that different, you know what I mean, OS.
Findings: There appears a general problem while booting:
Scanning USB/Firewire ... Done.
Enabling DMA: hda
Enabling DMA: hdc
Accessing cdrom at /dev/scd0
Setting paths... usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=3 (error=-110)
Memory found ....
Ramdisk ...
...
APM Bios found, powermanagement functions enabled.
And then the boot freezes.
Trials: Found that it has something to do with my EZ PC Card 10, which is a pcmcia network card. So either removing the card or using the boot command 'knoppix pcmcia' work fine: I'll get the desktop, where I can easily access my hd1. But no usb-device can be seen.
I'll be glad for any help and naturally ready for giving you any additional information you want. Many thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
There seems to be some luck booting up, then putting in the usb drive.
Similar Threads
-
By moebius in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-06-2006, 06:59 PM
-
By cputoaster in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-16-2004, 10:31 PM
-
By YuXeL in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-08-2003, 01:48 AM
-
By Marduk in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 04:51 AM
-
By trivas7 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 04:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98