Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Good Grief!! Can't Load, Won't Load

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2

    Good Grief!! Can't Load, Won't Load

    Hi, as you may tell I am a new user, or attempted user, of knoppix.

    I have an AthlonXP2400+ 512Mb memory 120Gb hard discs (80+40) I run an older nVidia graphics card. My keyboard and mouse are usb.

    When I reconfigured my BIOS to boot from CD everything seemed to be ok until I got stuck on an A\: prompt which baffled me.

    I have never had a problem booting from CD whenever doing a clean reinstall of XP, am I missing something? Do I need a floppy to boot?

    Sorry I can't remember exactly what was thrown up, I think it said something like, DRDOS?? then the A prompt!!

    I know I'm useless, but then again, I've never been this adventurous with regards to OS.

    Any and all help gratefully accepted.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2
    Could the usb keyboard and mouse be part of the problem?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    No don't think it was the keyboard or mouse.

    DRDOS? that sounds like something you'd get off a bootable floppy.

    How did you burn the ISO?
    From the sounds of it you made a bootdisk useing a floppy image. Probably if you look at the disk you'll see one big file.

    You need to burn the .iso as a disk image.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    You burn the iso wrongly....I believed you select burn bootable cd and it use drdos as boot image.
    Select burn image and choose the iso.

    or

    read this http://www.bay-wolf.com/burnimage.htm


Similar Threads

  1. won't load x
    By iluzion in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-20-2005, 01:10 AM
  2. After Hd Install Doesn't Load Kde.
    By ZeroOne in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-22-2005, 02:28 PM
  3. knoppix will load, but after system starts, GUI wont load.
    By n()()dle in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2004, 01:39 AM
  4. k3b and cpu load
    By mhelleboid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2004, 05:09 PM
  5. why will 3.2 load and not 3.3
    By jims in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-15-2003, 03:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver picture

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver

$299.99



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.19



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US picture

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US

$125.98



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99