Try putting Smart Boot Manager on a floppy and booting with that. Good Luck, your hardware might still be an issue.
I have a problem : I can't boot knoppix !
I have a slim laptop which has no internal drive. I broke the supplied external cd-rom drive. It was a pcmcia drive and I replaced it with an usb one cause the pcmcia one was MUCH more expensive. The problem is the laptop will only boot from pcmcia cd-rom or usb from floppy but not on the usb cd-rom. I tried other distros which have boot images but none will work ... How can I make a boot floppy that would load up the usb driver and then boot on the usb cd-rom ?
Thanx for your help.
Try putting Smart Boot Manager on a floppy and booting with that. Good Luck, your hardware might still be an issue.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
LOT OF 18 Samsung 64GB PC4-2666V ECC REG M386A8K40BM2-CTD7Q Server Memory
$5399.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
LOT OF 6 16GB DDR4 LAPTOP MEMORY RAM VARIOUS BRANDS/SPEEDS
$379.00
SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB
$34.99