Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: help with simple script

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    237

    help with simple script

    Hello....I need help with a simple script to play streaming audio from a site I like to listen to. I would like to:

    1. bring up the Konsole
    2. call up xmms
    3. listen to this location: http://aud-one.kpfa.org:8090/kpfa.ogg

    I know how to make a script that will bring up Konsole and then start xmms, but how do I enter code to start playing the above location? I can only get as far as bringing up xmms. I dont want to have to manually type in the URL, I want script to do it for me so then I can save the script on desktop for easy access. I have done this using MPLAYER cause it works in command line on my computer downstairs, so making the script was easy. But I want to be able to use xmms cause MPLAYER does not work on this laptop. so basically I want a script that will open media player, and play the location. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you....bob

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949

    Re: help with simple script

    Quote Originally Posted by bob58
    Hello....I need help with a simple script to play streaming audio from a site I like to listen to. I would like to:

    1. bring up the Konsole
    2. call up xmms
    3. listen to this location: http://aud-one.kpfa.org:8090/kpfa.ogg

    I know how to make a script that will bring up Konsole and then start xmms, but how do I enter code to start playing the above location? I can only get as far as bringing up xmms. I dont want to have to manually type in the URL, I want script to do it for me so then I can save the script on desktop for easy access. I have done this using MPLAYER cause it works in command line on my computer downstairs, so making the script was easy. But I want to be able to use xmms cause MPLAYER does not work on this laptop. so basically I want a script that will open media player, and play the location. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you....bob
    Try looking in the XMMS man pages.
    Mabye there is someway to tell it to open a location by CLI.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    You can either save directly onto your Desktop folder on you can save to any of your home folder and create a link on desktop.
    Make sure the script set to executable.

    *Good music *


Similar Threads

  1. Three simple questions!
    By nick47 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 02:28 AM
  2. It Used to Be A Simple CD ISO Download!
    By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-22-2005, 09:06 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 08:08 AM
  4. Simple DNS question...
    By RandomGoon in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2004, 05:59 AM
  5. very simple apt-get question.
    By VeeDubb in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 02:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i5/i7/i9 AMC CPU Processors, LOT of 90 pcs picture

Intel Core i5/i7/i9 AMC CPU Processors, LOT of 90 pcs

$18000.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



Intel Core i7-14700KF 20-Core 3.4GHz LGA1700 33MB Cache CPU SRN3Y picture

Intel Core i7-14700KF 20-Core 3.4GHz LGA1700 33MB Cache CPU SRN3Y

$310.00