-
Junior Member
registered user
A netpbm problem - where to report?
Hello,
I have noticed this netpbm problem: pnmquant doesn't work with stdin. However, I am not sure if I should report this in the Debian bug tracking system. Is netpbm 10.0-5 a Debian package? I can't see the version number there.
Is the version of Perl is also important (pnmquant is Perl script)?
-------------------------------------------------
Here is the bug description
This doesn't work and produces an error message and a zero length file.
$ ppmmake red 400 300 | pnmquant 16 > tmp_quant.ppm
pnmcolormap: making histogram...
pnmcolormap: 1 colors found
pnmcolormap: Image already has few enough colors (<=16). Keeping same
colors.
pnmremap: EOF / read error reading magic number
pnmremap failed, rc=256
And here is what works:
ppmmake red 400 300 > tmp.ppm ; pnmquant 16 tmp.ppm > tmp_quant.ppm
Bye,
Gencho
-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: A netpbm problem - where to report?

Originally Posted by
Gencho
However, I am not sure if I should report this in the Debian bug tracking system. Is netpbm 10.0-5 a Debian package? I can't see the version number there.
BTW, i have noticed that the version of netpbm isn't 10.0-5, but 2:10.0-5. It seems to be a known bug that dpkg -l doesn't display epoch numbers.
Similar Threads
-
By MoHaG in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-29-2006, 01:45 PM
-
By dataco in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-20-2005, 09:03 PM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 01:43 AM
-
By eadz in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-12-2004, 04:07 PM
-
By LinuxAmateur in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 05:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$1444.00

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99