-
Updating Menus in Knoppix 3.4?
Hi I have installed Knopix to my hard disk (Knoppix-Myth). Basically it's knoppix but with MythTV already installed.
Anyway I installed KDE and a few other things and so far everything looks good.
The problem is that the version of Knoppix I have isn't properly updating my menus in KDE for applications I install. Does anybody know of a working script anywhere that will automatically update my menus after every boot? It seems like it should be a simple thing to do. I mean all it needs to do is to use whatever the file it is that tells apt-get what files are installed and under what catagories and update the existing menu catagories accordingly. How hard can it be?
GJ
Edit: I found a file called update-menus-kde.tar.gz here - but it was for KDE 3.2. Anyway it didn't seem to work too well as it quit with a bunch of errors. The ouput of running the script is as follows:
Code:
root@box1:/home/raid517/update-menus-kde/update-menus-kde# ./update-menus-knoppix
./update-menus-knoppix: line 18: update-menus: command not found
./update-menus-knoppix: line 93: /etc/menu-methods/freedesktop-desktop-entry-spec-apps: No such file or directory
./update-menus-knoppix: line 94: /etc/menu-methods/freedesktop-desktop-entry-spec-dirs: No such file or directory
./update-menus-knoppix: line 95: /etc/menu-methods/kdelibs-bin: No such file ordirectory
cat: /var/lib/kde/debian-dirs/*.directory: No such file or directory
./update-menus-knoppix: line 124: /var/lib/kde/debian-dirs/*.directory: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
./update-menus-knoppix: line 124: /var/lib/kde/debian-dirs/*.directory: No existe el fichero o el directorio
Can't open /var/lib/kde/debian-dirs/*.directory: No existe el fichero o el directorio.
root@box1:/home/raid517/update-menus-kde/update-menus-kde#
Is there any way to fix this? Like I said it would be very nice to have a script that would automatically update my menus after every reboot. But I have no clue how to achieve this.
Similar Threads
-
By PlatinumPlus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-06-2005, 10:17 AM
-
By katana5 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-05-2005, 07:47 PM
-
By dawynn in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 12:28 PM
-
By lussac in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-20-2003, 03:12 PM
-
By ehoward777 in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-24-2003, 03:36 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit
$399.00

WONHOX Vacuum Seal Backpack for Travel with Air Pump XX-Large, A68-beige
$93.82

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Desktop Vacuum Cleaner Mini Desk Portable Dust Crumb White
$21.35

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67