When you get the option to log it, select log in by command line (or something to that extent)
Then change to a differnt runlevel (ctrl-alt-F#)
and try from there.
Hello, I was wondering, why isn't it just as easy to install a nvidia display driver like in the live cd mode? I just installed knoppix on my hardrive but I can't figure out how to install the nvidia driver manuallyI need to shutdown X server but I'm afraid I cant get it back to run linux normally...
Can anybody guide me?
Thanks in advance...
When you get the option to log it, select log in by command line (or something to that extent)
Then change to a differnt runlevel (ctrl-alt-F#)
and try from there.
I don't know how to install the nvidia driver on a Knoppix hdd install. I do know however that Kanotix makes a great Debian SID installation and to install the nvidia driver (whichever version you want) you simply do this:
That's it! The scripts will download and patch the kernel source for your kernel, download the nvidia driver, build it and restart X for you.Code:CATL+ALT+F1 install-kernel-source-vanilla.sh install-nvidia-6629-debian.sh
I was wondering about that -- has anyone used (or modified, then used) Kano's script in order to install the nvidia driver on a Knoppix hard disk install?
Hi again, thanks for helping me guys,
mzilikazi gave a good hint, with that I went on investigation and this is how I installed the nvidia driver,
go to kano.mipooh.net download the driver you want, download it into your home directory for me that is /home/John
after it's done downloading press ctrl+alt+f1
you will find yourself in the console and type su to become root, input your password
then type:
cd /home/John
sh install-nvidia-6629-debian.sh
it will automatiscly shutdown X install the driver and restart X again, voila, driver installed,
weedje

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY
$89.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro
$189.99