sounds like your BIOS boot into a MBR which is not what your knoppix installed MBR.
The easiest(if supported) is to change the boot sequence in BIOS.
This message is not coming from GRUB/LILO but more like a standard DOS/NT boot sector.
Am trying to consolidate my setup downstairs, and to move the family from LinSpire to straight Debian via Knoppix.
As part of the consolidation I've moved my external firewire drives onto the downstairs machine (Knoppix supports Software RAID, right?), and then added a second HD to the same IDE cable that my boot disk is on.
Here is where things get wierd. I have made sure the boot disk is setup as Master (correct jumper) and the other disk as Slave (correct jumper). I "think" I've got the cable right with the end connector on the Master, and the middle connector on the Slave.
I can boot off the CD just fine, and see both drives, and read from both ok. I can do the install to the boot drive just fine. But when I reboot I get "Operating System Not Found". However, if I open up the box and disconnect the Slave drive, then Knoppix boots just fine from the boot drive. So obviously the install wrote to the Master drive just fine, but something about the Slave drive stops it from booting properly on the reboot.
Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? I'd like to still have both drives, but opening and closing the box is getting tedious, and once my RAID is setup the other space won't be all that necessary...
Thanks in advance,
Ewan
sounds like your BIOS boot into a MBR which is not what your knoppix installed MBR.
The easiest(if supported) is to change the boot sequence in BIOS.
This message is not coming from GRUB/LILO but more like a standard DOS/NT boot sector.
Well, that didn't seem to work, however setting things up a little differently and using a different hard drive did. I probably should have kept track of which things I did in which order since I suspect that having fixed this contributed to the other hard drive working...
In any event, thanks for the help!

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.27
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$179.10
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$99.00
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$236.00
256GB USB Flash Drive Type-C USB 3.2, 200MB/s Read, 100MB/s Write
$109.97
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
New PNY Pro Elite V3 1TB USB-A Flash Drive
$79.99
Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90
TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW
$22.00