-
problems using/installing usb adsl modem
hi,
i'm very new to linux. i downloaded knoppix3.6 two days ago. i booted the livecd everything is good but i cannot connect to internet...
i am using pikatel usb adsl modem (globespanvirata). it works in other os (which i'm bored of rebooting). knoppix identifies in usb devices but the modem does not work. what can i do now?
for about 6 hours i am scanning this forum. please somebody help.
thanks a lot...
-
Senior Member
registered user
From my own experience I know that Kanotix (a Knoppix-like live CD) has good support for usb adsl modems. Perhaps you might want to check that out. I haven't got mine working yet in Knoppix, too.
Greetings,
probono
-

Originally Posted by
probono
From my own experience I know that Kanotix (a Knoppix-like live CD) has good support for usb adsl modems. Perhaps you might want to check that out. I haven't got mine working yet in Knoppix, too.
Greetings,
probono
thank you for this... i'll download and try that...
-
problems using/installing usb adsl modem
i downloaded the kanotix booted and the same thing happened. everything is ok but my usb adsl modem still does not wrong. is there anything else i can do now?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Please use the chat icon on the Knoppix desktop and ask Kano, he often can help in these situations. (Kantoix is tuned for German DSL providers afaik.) Please post back how you did it in case you succeed.
Greetings,
probono
-
Junior Member
registered user
Do you have windows installed on your system?
I have Windows XP next to this linux knoppix hd install, for me at least in Windows XP I have to do the following:
start -> run -> command, in the dos window I type "ipconfig /release" and it will release my current connection from Windows XP,
I found out I had to do this when Knoppix would not connect to the internet, it has to be done everytime before you close Windows XP, maybe you can try the same... it works for me...
weedje
Similar Threads
-
By msmith44 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-06-2005, 12:38 AM
-
By duayen99 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-01-2004, 01:36 PM
-
By The Black Death in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-19-2004, 07:05 PM
-
By kaerthi in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-26-2003, 08:33 PM
-
By gangie in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-12-2003, 02:06 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99