Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Using MY partition scheme..

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8

    Using MY partition scheme..

    hey gang,

    I'm new to knoppix but not linux... I havent used linux too much in the past, mostly just curious to see what it could do.. but now that I know what it can do I want to have it.. I've tried my luck with a few distro's that were a real pain... I tried knoppix and actually got it to take my wireless card (YES!) and it seems to have everything else I've wanted for linux.. anyways to the point..
    I want to use this partition scheme for the HDD install..

    5 gigs Reiserfs - /
    512mb linux swap
    *rest of HD Reiserfs - /home

    the install scripts seem to want to install it all onto one partition.. I want to keep the /home on its own partition so that if I switch distro's/something really bad happens I dont lose all my data!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    do it after the installation then change /etc/fstab to mount your stuff over /home or whatever other trees you want.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10
    Don't you have any windows in your machine?? If so, it would be adviseble to leave a partition formated at vfat for you to exchange files between linux and windows.

    Julio Borges
    Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
    I'm using Kurumin - A Brazilian flavor of knoppix

Similar Threads

  1. Copy data from one partition to the other partition
    By bono in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-08-2005, 08:10 AM
  2. Partition
    By Quite in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-23-2004, 01:36 AM
  3. Partitioning scheme for 2 distros on 1 hard disk
    By net_benjo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 07:43 PM
  4. Need help getting mit-scheme
    By DemonBlade in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 08:27 AM
  5. Partition Scheme Advice Wanted
    By beforewisdom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2003, 04:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$334.99



Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL 14” Core i7-1165G7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Touch picture

Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL 14” Core i7-1165G7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Touch

$379.00



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good picture

Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good

$222.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...

$679.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL 14” i7-1165G7, 2.80GHz, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD Touch picture

Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL 14” i7-1165G7, 2.80GHz, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD Touch

$349.00