Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix-installer on a remastered CD...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    16

    Knoppix-installer on a remastered CD...

    I have finished with my remaster CD but I have run into a problem. I want to install 'like on CD' to a hard drive to see if this installation could work on some old 'trash86' systems. I tried to do the 'knoppix-installer' from my remastered CD and I get a lot of error (don't ask...I did not write them down). My questions follows...

    1. In doing the remaster did I trash the knoppix installer script?
    2. By just putting the knoppix-installer script (I found of an installed system) in the /use/sbin directory (wild shot) does it need to go somewhere else?
    3. What do I need to do to add the installer back to the CD if I need it (where also)?

    Any other information would be helpful...

    Thanks,
    Richard-

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900

    Re: Knoppix-installer on a remastered CD...

    Quote Originally Posted by richardljohnson
    I tried to do the 'knoppix-installer' from my remastered CD and I get a lot of error (don't ask...I did not write them down).
    You want a serious answer yet you can't even post the errors you get? How can someone solve a problem that they do not understand? Save the output to a text file and post it.

Similar Threads

  1. Remastered version of Knoppix 4.0.2 available
    By tr in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 08:26 PM
  2. Any Remastered knoppix 3.9 CD?
    By CytoTech in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-14-2005, 04:47 PM
  3. Different behaviour between knoppix and my remastered one
    By ZedroS in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-17-2004, 04:11 PM
  4. changes to a remastered knoppix cd
    By rust in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 07:45 PM
  5. how to test the remastered knoppix
    By urpk in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-16-2003, 08:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge R640  8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU

$315.00



Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710

$349.99



Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM) picture

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)

$299.95