-
Senior Member
registered user
help with menu script
I need help making a simple MENU which contains choices of 5 streaming audio websites to play via MPLAYER using the KONSOLE.
I have a sub-directory in /home called "streamscripts" which contains 5 script files. They are "cbc.sh" "rock.sh", "rock2.sh", "jazz.sh", and "jazz2.sh".
I bring up konsole, type in, for example "./ jazz.sh" and mplayer starts and goes to the URL for that particular jazz music stream. It loads and then plays. I quit by typing a "Q"......
I would like a very simple menu, similar to this:
"What would you like to hear?"
------------------------------------
jazz
jazz2
rock
rock2
cbc
-----------------------------------
And thats about as far as I can figure.....how do I call the chosen script from the "streamscripts" directory? If I chose "jazz" for example, how do I associate the menu choice to the actual script file? I can do this in DOS easily but do not know how to do it in LINUX!
Please help! bob
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 13
Last Post: 05-26-2006, 03:35 PM
-
By maxmartin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-19-2006, 06:19 PM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-05-2004, 03:51 AM
-
By fab1976 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 04:37 AM
-
By Sigmatador in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$125.98

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.26

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Promise Pegasus R6 Thunderbolt 2 RAID Storage 6Bay Enclosure G2U
$129.99