Why is the titled
in the "Lounge" forum ?Code:attempt to hijack a news post - split and moved
jm
Hi,
i'm new with linux,
I installed suse 10.0 on my computer
But my WLAN card is not reconized.
my computer is a Amilo D1840W with a Broadcom Air Force BCM94301
i installed ndiswrapper and loaded bcwmwl5.inf but still, my card is not working.
What can I do?
Please help
Why is the titled
in the "Lounge" forum ?Code:attempt to hijack a news post - split and moved
jm
jjmac - a moderator would have moved it. Not sure about the title though
maisai - This forum is about Knoppix Linux, not SuSE Linux.
You can either ask SuSE for help with SuSE, or try Knoppix.
I'm the one who did this so I guess if you're asking I should explain it. This post was made to the then top story in the top forum, the news forum. I can only guess that the poster thought he would get the most attention if he put his post on top. It was completely off-topic there and had absolutely nothing to do with the subject of that thread. I could either just delete it or move it, or let people think the way to get attention for their problem was to post it inside the top news story. Since it wasn't spam I elected to split it out of the thread. When I did so the system required me to give it a title. The poster apparently did't care about the subject line of his post; it was hidden under the subject 4.0.2 DVD and CD out now. If he didn't care enough to give his post a good title I didn't either. Also I wasn't feeling very obligated to write helpful descriptive titles for posters who can't even pick the proper forum and I don't want to send the message that if you can't be bothered to come up with an informative title just dump your post in the news forum and I'll clean it up and give it a nice home, so I used the title I did, to let people know what the poster did. I thought about putting it in the networking section but since it was about Suse and not Knoppix I put it here in the Lounge, where off topic stuff better fits.Originally Posted by jjmac
If I move posts in the future I'll likely use similar subject lines. If people want better subject lines that reflect their problem they should not hijack threads.
Of course. If i had bothered to look at the index i would have seen that.
I'm going to have to get some battery backup for my head one of these days (grin)
jm

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Toshiba 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD MQ01ABD100V 5400RPM 9.5mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
$53.99
HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00
HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
Western Digital WD Blue WD5000AAKX 500 GB SATA III 3.5 in Hard Drive
$16.99
1TB Internal Hard Drive 3.5 HDD SATA 64MB Cache Brand New Sealed PC Mac Storage
$60.00
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99