Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62

Thread: post your screen shots here

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    waterloo
    Posts
    32

    post your screen shots here

    before i started in september i was so new to linux.

    But now i have learned a lot about the computer and programming just be running linux which by running xp i would have never know about.

    i have used this forum a lot and have configured everything from learning stuff here. I would like to thank ever one who helped!!

    like wireless, gnome, bios, lilo , mbr etc.... for my laptop

    i know this post is long but... here is a screen shot of my desktop

    good quality one:

    http://www.freewebs.com/siddarth/Screenshot.png

    siddarth

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Wow, very nice.

    What is the termperautre program, I wouln't mind having something like that.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    waterloo
    Posts
    32
    ya for sure:

    for kde:

    first download karamba (apt-get install karamba)
    go to http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=6384 and download the weather one
    and for gnome get the latest gnome (apt-get install gnome) it should be included in it


    wallpaper from www.linuxsoft.cz

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tragic City, Michigan
    Posts
    13

    Three Silly Penguins

    Here's a screenshot of a desktop bkgrnd I made from a pix taken of a cushion recently purchased.I was running off of the live CD that came with the book "Knoppix Hacks by Kyle Rankin".

    Three Silly Penguins

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    waterloo
    Posts
    32

    Re: Three Silly Penguins

    Quote Originally Posted by ryptyde
    Here's a screenshot of a desktop bkgrnd I made from a pix taken of a cushion recently purchased.I was running off of the live CD that came with the book "Knoppix Hacks by Kyle Rankin".

    Three Silly Penguins

    yeah i have seen the author in this forum too!

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    79
    Though I've played around with my desktop for years ... I've never actually gotten around to posting a screenshot.

    Anyway - here's my current desktop if anyone is curious.
    BTW Since I'm running Kanotix ... this isn't strickly speaking a Knoppix shot, but they are closely related!!

    http://members.optusnet.com.au/~monkymind/desktop1.jpg

    Cheers
    rob

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    waterloo
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by monkymind
    Though I've played around with my desktop for years ... I've never actually gotten around to posting a screenshot.

    Anyway - here's my current desktop if anyone is curious.
    BTW Since I'm running Kanotix ... this isn't strickly speaking a Knoppix shot, but they are closely related!!

    http://members.optusnet.com.au/~monkymind/desktop1.jpg

    Cheers
    rob
    nice it looks good

  8. #8
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    79
    My desktop on Fluxbox really very light... I'm already testing to incorporate lm sensors but for the moment this is all.

    My Desktop anime on fluxbox

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a house... hopefully
    Posts
    554
    hay Seyyapc... holly f*** your desktop is cool as... man, hehehe... gotta love that desktop... coool.... i mean cooooooooooooooooool... hehe, shes wearing no bra... :P

  10. #10
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyyapc
    My desktop on Fluxbox really very light... I'm already testing to incorporate lm sensors but for the moment this is all.

    My Desktop anime on fluxbox
    Very nice! One of the coolest fluxbox desktops I've seen. Like how you used the transparency and torsmo too!

    Cheers
    rob

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The EVIL post...
    By chris-harry in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 07:01 AM
  2. is there a link some where on this site for screen shots ...
    By pettybone in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2005, 07:26 PM
  3. Please post your remasters here
    By probono in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 01:18 AM
  4. Motherboard does not post...
    By manjo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-03-2003, 03:29 PM
  5. Post hd install
    By andecla in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 07:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM PCjr Vintage Desktop Computer 128KB w/ Diskette Drive & Keyboard picture

IBM PCjr Vintage Desktop Computer 128KB w/ Diskette Drive & Keyboard

$699.00



RARE VTG NEC IBM PC COMMAND SET SPIN MATE 6150 + SPINWRITER 8850 USER GUIDE picture

RARE VTG NEC IBM PC COMMAND SET SPIN MATE 6150 + SPINWRITER 8850 USER GUIDE

$199.95



Vintage 2002 AutoCAD Set - With Serial and Code picture

Vintage 2002 AutoCAD Set - With Serial and Code

$44.55



Vintage IBM Model M  Keyboard   picture

Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard

$80.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage Computer Mouse Lot Compaq Microsoft Logitech Sony VAIO PS/2 USB Serial picture

Vintage Computer Mouse Lot Compaq Microsoft Logitech Sony VAIO PS/2 USB Serial

$79.95



Vintage California Computer Systems Boards for S-100 Terminiator Cards picture

Vintage California Computer Systems Boards for S-100 Terminiator Cards

$145.00



Vintage Sanyo CDR-H94SMV Internal SCSI CD-ROM Drive picture

Vintage Sanyo CDR-H94SMV Internal SCSI CD-ROM Drive

$44.50



Vintage HP-85A Series 80 Computer Hewlett Packard Working Powers On + Case RAM picture

Vintage HP-85A Series 80 Computer Hewlett Packard Working Powers On + Case RAM

$275.00



Vintage Key Tronic LT DESIGNER Mechanical/Rubber Dome Keyboard DIN-5 AT/XT picture

Vintage Key Tronic LT DESIGNER Mechanical/Rubber Dome Keyboard DIN-5 AT/XT

$50.00