Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 62

Thread: post your screen shots here

  1. #51
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    waterloo
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkahuna
    Spandit,

    I checked both KDE-Look and Gnome-Look and actually found a more complete set of icons on the Gnome site. I actually installed Gnome on my system as well, but it's a bit flakey so I decided I'd try to see how close I could make KDE look like Gnome. So far I'm pretty happy with the results.

    Your screen is -very nice- BTW. How in the world were you able to get that text in the top menu bar? That's something I'd really like to do.

    Thanks!
    its just one of the options in the kde control center. check your pm

  2. #52
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a house... hopefully
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by maxIT
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-harry
    6 partions!! wow....
    no chris, my partions are only 3 but I think that knoppix consider 2nd and 3th after cds and floppy, so:
    1 hda1
    2 floppy
    3 cdrom
    4 cdrom1
    5 hda5
    6 hda6
    OOh, i see....

  3. #53
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a house... hopefully
    Posts
    554
    ok, ok... mine is finally comming along... i made the background, and changed a few things around... i still have a long way to go.. and if anyone has any advice, i am all ears... even though techniqually bananas dont have ears, unless they genetically modify themselfs to have ears, in which case they are genetically modified bananas, and are not evil enought because they have been genetically modified and thats a dissadvantage to me source of informations... because they are genetically modified... and talk a whole heap of...



    can anyone see kosh...

    this background is actually done in 3D, even thought the picture of kosh is in 2D... its a pitty i cant seem to get grey fog... i wanted a grey fog effect, but it just didnt want to work, which is a big pitty... aww well, still working on it... i did it in 3D because of the text, and to hide the mistakes on Kosh...

    what a great way of hiding mistakes, hid the whole entire picture... (joke)

    well... next is to edit the bar, and make it look like kosh's encountor suit... and stuff like that.... it will happen people, it will...

    if you can see or not, i also did the picture in 3D because i wanted Kosh to stand forward, and look not quiet 3D, i did achieve this effect (if you look really carefully), that he does kinda look not quiet 2D, but like he is sorta standing on the background... i was then going to add a rough shadow behind him, but that will come in time... it will... trust me...

  4. #54
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cairns, Australia
    Posts
    23
    I dunno if it's just me but I can't see the right hand side of "kosh" I see more like kos|, its like the right hand side of your screenshot got cut off.

    I will take a screenshot soon but the NUMBER ONE thing that annoys me about KDE is the way that text in the taskbar buttons fades away near the edge of the button. Does anyone have a fix for this?

  5. #55
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245

    UPDATE

    **UPDATE**
    Quote Originally Posted by maxIT
    no chris, my partions are only 3 but I think that knoppix consider 2nd and 3th after cds and floppy, so:
    1 hda1
    2 floppy
    3 cdrom
    4 cdrom1
    5 hda5
    6 hda6
    he he, this are mistakes about us nwbies
    I have made other repartitions and noticed maybe the right explanation to this kind of naming.
    Assuming that every HardDisk can have a max of 4 primary partinos, linux name these from 1 to 4 wheter extendeds/logicals are named starting by 5. In my case hda1 is primary, hda5 extended, hda6 logical.

  6. #56
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    79

    Another one

    I made a new desktop based on the anime series Tenjou Tenge

    WM Fluxbox, idesk for icons, Aterm transparency & start fluxbox in that console

  7. #57
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    79

    More simple and nicke looking

    After almost a year with this system, I made a desktop more simple and nice looking.

    WM Fluxbox, idesk for icons, torsmo with a config KISS

  8. #58
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13
    Wow..How you can work msn with WINE?
    I try 7.0 Beta, but I cannot to able connect

  9. #59
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southern Maine, US
    Posts
    274
    http://furiu.zapto.org/screenshot.jpg
    ^^ that's my dual head as user

    http://furiu.zapto.org/avatarshot.png
    ^^ and that's the avatar X session, being all cool and green.

  10. #60
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Frunktz
    Wow..How you can work msn with WINE?
    I try 7.0 Beta, but I cannot to able connect
    It's MSN 6.2 with crossover office 5.0

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The EVIL post...
    By chris-harry in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 07:01 AM
  2. is there a link some where on this site for screen shots ...
    By pettybone in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2005, 07:26 PM
  3. Please post your remasters here
    By probono in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 01:18 AM
  4. Motherboard does not post...
    By manjo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-03-2003, 03:29 PM
  5. Post hd install
    By andecla in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 07:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Micron 64GB (32GB x2) DDR5-5600 JEDEC DIMM Workstation Memory (Innodisk branded) picture

Micron 64GB (32GB x2) DDR5-5600 JEDEC DIMM Workstation Memory (Innodisk branded)

$895.00



Lot of 10 Samsung 16GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SODIMM M471A2G43AB2-CWE 160GB picture

Lot of 10 Samsung 16GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SODIMM M471A2G43AB2-CWE 160GB

$1319.99



Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6 picture

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6

$210.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Samsung 128GB (8 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 ECC RDIMM M393A2K40BB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 128GB (8 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 ECC RDIMM M393A2K40BB2-CTD6Q

$640.00



NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3 picture

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3

$550.00



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00