-
I decided to try ANOTHER HD install and it is booting and the internet is working. Don't know what I might have done differently. Connection is DHCP. Let me know if you disagree but no real reason for DHCP over static other than not having to know mask, dns address etc. I have multiple XP boxes and want to gradually move to Linux if I find I can live without my XP apps. You mentioned Kanotix which I looked at while install taking place. Some posts make issue with Knoppix being made for CD install and as though another would be better HD install. Debian (I realize Debian is pretty much Knoppix install), Kanotix any better than Knoppix? I really appreciate your input and will file them away as I have more machines to move to the ix world. I did 2 1/2 years of Unix admin about 20 years ago but remember very little other that I enjoyed it. No GUI then.
Thanks again,
map
Similar Threads
-
By blackbird in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-28-2004, 01:05 AM
-
By mpeden in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 11:17 AM
-
By Berserkier in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-01-2004, 10:29 PM
-
By tkrishna in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 05:36 AM
-
By unclebulgaria in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 07:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro Qx2 4-Bay RAID Enclosure + SATA 1394 -USB 2.0 (8TB)
$180.00

Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM
$300.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00