-
installed kanotix to hdb, lost boot option to boot knoppix
I have spent an hour searching the forum for the easiest way to do this and am not having much luck. Here is my situation. I was dual booting knoppix and xandros. knoppix was on hda1 and xandros was on hdb with a swap partition. I decided to give kanotix a run and when I installed it on hdb, I elected to install the grub boot loader to hda, thinking it would pick up kanotix on hdb. With Xandros, lilo was supplying my bootloader and was doing the job, but once I switched to kanotix, now only kanotix shows on boot. I have found several methods of fixing a dual boot with xp or win2k, but the linux dual boot instructions do not seem to apply to my situation. I am looking for the easiest way to get this done because I am going to write zeros to these drives soon anyway and dual boot kanotix/knoppix on seperate hd's. I need to get my mail off of knoppix mozilla mail and then I am good. Is there a way to make a boot floppy to get into hda/knoppix. I am leaving this to the pros because the last time I tried to "fix" lilo.conf or grub.conf/menu.lst I screwed it up royally.
any help would be appreciated
thanx
helios
Similar Threads
-
By aay in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 18
Last Post: 11-02-2006, 02:18 AM
-
By ooov in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-15-2005, 07:55 PM
-
By Kowood in forum General Support
Replies: 21
Last Post: 02-07-2005, 01:54 AM
-
By Rib in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 12:43 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-26-2003, 01:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$462.74

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99