I was really getting excited about using Knoppix as an image backup solution for my 2 systems until...
Running KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN from liveCD w/cheat "knoppix26".
I'm trying to get a PMI going on an external USB hard drive.
Booted w/cheat "knoppix26" to prove everything detected and it is and does work!
Tried to repartition a new external 250GB USB drive (original format was NTFS v3.0) under WIN2KPRO and WINME, but being unsuccessful I then decided to try the Knoppix 3.6 LiveCD and QTParted since it's NEWER than WIN2KPRO and WINME.
Partioned successfully-[/dev/sda1 as ext3-40GB-root], [/dev/sda2 as ext3-5GB-persistant home], [/dev/sda3 as 1GB-linux-swap], [/dev/sda4 as 186.88GB-FAT32-for_sharing].
Problems are... (and yes, I used cheatcode "knoppix26" each time I boot)
1) After I rebooted (after QTParted), I set persistant home to /dev/sda2, but it also wiped out /dev/hda2 (OUCH!)... good thing it was only a small real MS-DOS partition I created earlier with PartitionMagic. This will definitely keep newbies away!!! Just imagine this was a partition that held all my work?!?
2) When I try to access /dev/sda4 (shared FAT32) under Knoppix
________a) QTParted shows it as Type->Unknow(sp?) for filesystem
________b)Opening with KDE desktop gives this error:
__________Could not mount device.
__________The reported error was:
__________mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda4,
__________or too many mounted file systems
I'm sure happy that I'm not doing this as a demo for my M$ Windows friends, as I wouldn't have any left (not laughing at me) after this. AND I WOULD NEVER SHOW IT TO _IT_
HELP!!!

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
Cordless Air Duster Vacuum 3 in 1 110000RPM 14500pa HEPA Handheld Keyboard
$63.99
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit
$399.00
2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99
Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99