-
Wireless Connection
Hi,
I am new to this linux system. The problem I am having is that it doesn't want to connect to the internet. I have a Toshiba A70 which has a atheros Super G PCMCIA card (default). As for the wireless router, it is a linksys wireless B with WEP set. On the laptop I have tried ifconfig to set a static ip address (192.162.1.192) and set the mask correcetly (255.255.255.0) as well as the gw (192.162.1.1). I tried using the utility wavelan configuration utility to set up the WEP and everything. Going into WaveMon show that some signal is being recieved but I can't get on the web. Am I doing something wrong or have a missed a step? Thank you in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By synal in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-13-2005, 04:02 PM
-
By mimi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-02-2005, 03:24 PM
-
By Windancer in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-28-2005, 10:24 PM
-
By jcalvert in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 12:13 PM
-
By PrOmETeO in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-05-2004, 07:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

NEW Cisco Mitel 6930 IP Phone VoIP Business Phone Black Sealed
$89.99

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink T53W Black IP Phone Verizon VoIP LOT OF 4 Business Desk Phone
$150.00

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99

Yealink SIP-T46G IP Phone - Used
$33.00