Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: EZButton on PowerPro M 5:14

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    7

    EZButton on PowerPro M 5:14

    I just bought this laptop and I'm trying to make it a Linux only machine. The problem is that it has a switch on the side that turns the built in Gigabyte wireless card on and off and this switch only works if Windows is installed along with a Windows EZButton driver. I don't really get how this driver is still working when I boot Knoppix but its presence is definitely necessary for this switch to work. Without it, Linux recognizes the card but I can't turn it on! Anyone know how I can get this switch to work without relying on the Windows EZButton driver?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    171
    There exists a few different drivers:-

    http://rfswitch.sourceforge.net/?page=laptop_matrix

    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~tauber/acerhk/

    It's hard for me to tell you what exactly you need because your description of the machine you use was not enough!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    7
    It's a Centrino laptop, PowerPro 5:14 from PowerNotebooks. What kind of info are you looking for?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    171
    charshep,

    I just needed to know the manufacturer, ok.

    http://www.powernotebooks.com/forum/...pic.php?t=1536

    It seems you have a rebadged Compal CL51, and is similar to the Compal CL56, which I happen to own.

    So look at the rfswitch laptop matrix linked in the previous post for instructions. You can only try!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$155.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$298.00



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$1444.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$680.00



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99