modconf at console to install any other needed modules. There are scsi modules that can be installed. Getting them on the CD is what I don't know. Somehow remastering or something like that.
My system: supermicro P4SC8, P4-3GHZ,512 RAM, on board SCSI, 3 IBM/Fujitus hard drives.
Problem: Knoppix does not recognize my hard drives when it boots from CD.
Question: Is there any way I can install the SCSI driver (AdpU320.sys) onto the CD?
Confession: Although a pretty advanced home computer enthusiast, I am an admitted Linux idiot, so I need specific instructions. (That's why I can't post the output of "lspci -v" as instructed.
Many thanks!
Jack
modconf at console to install any other needed modules. There are scsi modules that can be installed. Getting them on the CD is what I don't know. Somehow remastering or something like that.
rr: Thanks. I have the drivers for the scsi hd, but I have no idea how to get them on the knoppix cd. All the files on the cd are compressed, I believe, which may make it impossible. Is there a place we can suggest including specific scsi drivers for any new versions?
Jack

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00
Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD
$199.00
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95
Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*
$319.79
Western Digital WD121PURP 12TB SATA 3.5" Purple Pro Surveillance Hard Drive
$275.00
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$69.00