modconf at console to install any other needed modules. There are scsi modules that can be installed. Getting them on the CD is what I don't know. Somehow remastering or something like that.
My system: supermicro P4SC8, P4-3GHZ,512 RAM, on board SCSI, 3 IBM/Fujitus hard drives.
Problem: Knoppix does not recognize my hard drives when it boots from CD.
Question: Is there any way I can install the SCSI driver (AdpU320.sys) onto the CD?
Confession: Although a pretty advanced home computer enthusiast, I am an admitted Linux idiot, so I need specific instructions. (That's why I can't post the output of "lspci -v" as instructed.
Many thanks!
Jack
modconf at console to install any other needed modules. There are scsi modules that can be installed. Getting them on the CD is what I don't know. Somehow remastering or something like that.
rr: Thanks. I have the drivers for the scsi hd, but I have no idea how to get them on the knoppix cd. All the files on the cd are compressed, I believe, which may make it impossible. Is there a place we can suggest including specific scsi drivers for any new versions?
Jack

Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM
$37.99
Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Desktop RAM Memory Kit
$265.00
G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz F4-2400C15D-16GVR Gaming RAM
$50.00
Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)
$164.95
SK hynix 32GB DDR4 SDRAM PC4-2666V HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$200.00
SK hynix 16GB DDR4 SDRAM DIMM PC4-3200AA 288-Pin
$64.99
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00
SAMSUNG 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P M393A2G40DB0-CPB3Q DDR4 Memory RAM *HP 752369-081
$75.00
Samsung 16GB DDR4 3200MHz ECC (1x16GB)
$100.00
LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99