Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Umm were do I start.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13

    Umm were do I start.

    Ok I was wanting to start tinkering with this a little but well I'm on dialup so looking around takes some time, can someone point me in the right direction on what I need to download I tried the other day but the cd wouldnt boot so ill try agian. I used Binartision burning software I think I'll try nero this time. I'll just start the download go to bed wake up and its done. hehe

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13
    Ok I will for sure use nero I have nero 5 that I got with my writer can I use that or do I need 6.
    The main problem Is are there diffrent versions and when I go to the index on the download page do I just choose the 700 megabyte file. Im stupid

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by made2000
    Ok I will for sure use nero I have nero 5 that I got with my writer can I use that or do I need 6......
    Nero 5 works fine. Be sure you check the md5 sum of what you download. Read also http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqDownloading and http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/DownloadingHowTo

  5. #5
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Also, tell us what the CD will not boot means. Does it get to the first prompt and then hang when you continue, or does it not even try to boot?

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13
    Ok sorry not sure what im expecting, when I downloaded the .iso 3.6 I didnt get any other files just that one.

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13
    sorry I was posting the same time. No it just went right into windows like normal.

  8. #8
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by made2000
    Ok sorry not sure what im expecting, when I downloaded the .iso 3.6 I didnt get any other files just that one.
    Follow instructions in the 2 links I gave. There are files with an md5 checksum that must be checked (particularly if you downloaded from a website, less so if by BitTorrent).

  9. #9
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13
    Ok just running this by you I downloaded the version 3.6.iso and also the 3.6 md5 then I ran the md5 checker from toast442.org it took a few minutes then gave me a green light. so as far as that goes I'm good to go right. I already have nero 5 but cant get it till in the morning. I'll follow the steps in the 2 links thanks.

  10. #10
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by made2000
    Ok just running this by you I downloaded the version 3.6.iso and also the 3.6 md5 then I ran the md5 checker from toast442.org it took a few minutes then gave me a green light. so as far as that goes I'm good to go right. I already have nero 5 but cant get it till in the morning. I'll follow the steps in the 2 links thanks.
    Yea, a bad download is a common problem, but if your md5 matched then that's not the problem. If you used the "burn image" option in Nero, that's not the problem either (lots of people end up just putting one big iso file on the CD). You could have a bad burn (I always burn at 4x) but I doubt it if booting didn't even try to start. You didn't say anything about your computer. Can it boot from CD, and if it can, is the boot order set in the BIOS to check the CD before the hard drive? And if you have more than one CD/DVD drive, did you try to boot from the primary one? Can you read the CD under Windows? What does it look like? Do you see lots of files on it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. X11 Does not start
    By J_T_Biggs in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2004, 07:38 PM
  2. Can't Start X11?
    By fasttech in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 10:02 AM
  3. Wow where should I start?
    By hewittcw in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-16-2003, 08:43 PM
  4. Where do I start??
    By Rhymer in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2003, 10:05 PM
  5. KDE no start
    By timmd in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2002, 12:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Juniper Networks QFX-SFP-DAC-7MA to Brocade (Formerly) XBR-TWX-0701 Comp TAA picture

Juniper Networks QFX-SFP-DAC-7MA to Brocade (Formerly) XBR-TWX-0701 Comp TAA

$196.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper 100GBASE-LR4 QSFP28 100Gbps LC SMF 10km 740-061409 Lot 10 picture

Juniper 100GBASE-LR4 QSFP28 100Gbps LC SMF 10km 740-061409 Lot 10

$1750.00



AddOn Juniper Networks JNP-QSFP-DAC-10MA Compatible TAA Compliant 40GBase-CU picture

AddOn Juniper Networks JNP-QSFP-DAC-10MA Compatible TAA Compliant 40GBase-CU

$867.99



AddOn Juniper Networks QFX-QSFP-DACBO-2M Compatible TAA Compliant 40GBase-CU picture

AddOn Juniper Networks QFX-QSFP-DACBO-2M Compatible TAA Compliant 40GBase-CU

$223.99



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99