-
Poor mans Install and Persistant home
Hi All
I have recently done a poor mans install of Knoppix 3.4 to my machine ( as I love the idea of an unbreakable system and that using a persistant home I can simply use klik to download progs and delete them as required with no probs)
I have installed the cd image to hda1 and have made a persistant home on hda5, and save my config file also to hda5.
the problem comes when I reboot, I am using the cheatcodes for home and conf but when I go to home directory it is empty, as though everything that I have saved has been saved to ramdisk and cleared when rebooting, even though I have created a particion as a persitant home HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP please
Am I missiing something here !!!
Can some one out there please please offer me some idea of where to look or what the problem may be. I have tried every thing that I can and have run out of ideas.
I know my way around a linux system but am at a loss as to what is going on here.
Many Thanks
Jaykay
Similar Threads
-
By Dr PC Tunes in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 17
Last Post: 12-26-2005, 08:29 AM
-
By metavoid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-07-2005, 08:40 AM
-
By Ingo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 11-18-2004, 08:38 PM
-
By guyana in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-15-2004, 02:10 AM
-
By 00zero in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-20-2004, 09:33 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99