-
Senior Member
registered user
Squeak: Smalltalk that's bit identical on Linux, Windows, Mac and other platforms. Comes -- amongst other things -- with the best implementation of Freespace I've ever come across.
see here
-
Senior Member
registered user
Abiword and Xnview
Abiword is a great word processor available in open source for a variety of platforms including Windows and Linux.
Xnview is a free and very good photo view/editor with versions for Windows and Linux.
I use both in Knoppix and these programs are on my Windows machine at work.
sakiZ
-
Great thread. I love OOS software. Another one worth mentioning is Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com/). I actually don't think it's open source, but it is freeware.
-
open source cd
Take a look here :
http://theopencd.org/
To download it :
http://theopencd.sunsite.dk/
A list :
http://osswin.sourceforge.net/
Another good site :
http://www.go-opensource.org/
Hopefully this helps and is not repeat comments from above.
-
I'm not quite sure of the topic of this thread, but if we are talking about opensouce (or free, but we can donate) that runs under Windows and linux, here are a couple of items that I'm using:
Thunderbird email, with the lightning calendar, QuickFox Notes, RememberFox, Google Contacts tab and Google Calendar and the sync.
Filezilla for FTP
-
Is there a standard set of directions on how to install common software when using a USB boot disk created fTherom the 6.7 CD?
The good news is that the USB boot drive was very easy to create.
The bad news is that I can't seem to install or run most of the software that I would like to:
- Firefox
- Thunderbird
- Openshot
- Keepnote
- Rednotebook
I'm not sure where to start and surely this is a common path.
-
Follow-up - I did figure-out how to install all 5 applications listed above.
Similar Threads
-
By th3b0d0mr3ap3r in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-04-2004, 09:53 PM
-
By j.drake in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 11:40 AM
-
By Refugee in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 04:39 AM
-
By Tortoise in forum The Lounge
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 01:58 AM
-
By Tortoise in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-05-2003, 12:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch Network Expansion TL-SG105
$19.95